Search This Blog

Saturday, December 11, 2010

the time of our lives

I titled this post "the time of our lives" because that is just what 2101 was--it was awesome, it was challenging, it was heartbreaking and it was full of laughter. I've changed and grown a lot. A couple things stick out to me the most: driver's licence, first job, several wonderful trips (including Vegas, Oregon, New York and Maryland), first full-time semester in college, first car wreck (ha!) and, of course, the trip to Winco that resulted in a hyphema, two weeks of bed rest and many doctor appointments. Last but certainly not least, was the passing of my Grandfather. It was hard in so many ways. I think I have a much better understanding of grace now. The impression my Papa left on me will never, ever leave. He truly was a remarkable man.

Most of all though, I am thankful. I am thankful for 2010 and I am thankful it is over. I am thankful for my siblings. I love every one of them so much and I am so excited to see what 2011 holds for them. I am thankful for my parents and my Aunt. I'm thankful for what they've done in my life.

So, I don't know what trials 2011 brings, but I hope really hope I can take it all with a grain of salt and just enjoy the ride. Bring it on.

No comments:

Post a Comment