Search This Blog

Saturday, December 11, 2010

change

I hate change. I hate it when it happens to me, I hate it when I know I have to change, I hate it when people change. I don't think this is a very good or healthy thing. I would be pretty happy if we all just stayed the same; nice and comfortable. But, God really likes to stir my pot just when I am most comfortable. So the other day ago I was reminded that I need to change. Freeze up. I need to change? Oh yay. Headache. I need to change the way I treat my friends and my family. I need to change the way I'm involved (or lack of involvement...) in my school and my church. The list goes on...

So, I want this blog to be about my life and in particular change in my life. I want to look back and be able to read through my posts and see how God has changed me. I want to know God has changed me. I want to see that change. And, this my friends, is a very practical way of doing that. Or so I am told.


Two words about myself: (so we can get on with things)

I am Aly. I'm 17. I'm a waitress. I go to school most of the time. I love horses and I love Lee Dewyze (not in that order....or in that order?..hum...).

And probably a bit more important: I love the Lord and I'm attempting to be at least a little bit better than I have been. I have really cool parents and siblings (2 brothers, a sister in law, an older sister and a twin. It rocks.). And I love Idaho as well as mushrooms and cream cheese.

We should be friends. The End.



"Rejoice always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God's will for you in Jesus Christ" (1Thess, 5: 16-18).

No comments:

Post a Comment